Become a Patron Now to Access My Exclusive Content – Top Performers, Portfolio, Watchlist.
This past week was interesting. I got my haircut beside Conrad Black. So I told my barber, “Give me the ‘Conrad Black Special'”. Mr. Black smirked. What intrigued me was that he pays $21 bucks for a cut just like most of us. This week I also launched my new YouTube Channel.
The first quarter of the 2017 calendar year has come and gone. I already shared with you my 2016 Best Performers. And below are my Top 10 Stock Performers for 2017 year-to-date (January – March).
A Couple of Takeaways (2017 YTD):
- 3/10 stocks are return best performers from 2016 – Tucows, Savaria, and Canopy Growth Fund
- These 10 stocks, as well as my entire portfolio, are segmented based on three categories: Mis-Priced Large Caps, Capital Compounders, and Speculative Takeovers. Read More
- My overall portfolio (+6.79%) beat the S&P 500 (+5.53%), Dow Jones (4.55%), and S&P/TSX (1.70%) benchmarks. But my top 10 stocks were up 31.90% on average
- In the next couple of weeks I’ll allocate new capital to some of these top 10 stocks (see below)
- National Beverage Corp (65.48%) is surging on the strength of its product line – LaCroix, which is a sparkling water – huge growth!
- My biggest loser overall in my portfolio, Under Armour, dropped 31.91%. I bought in too early into this mis-priced large cap stock
My Top 10 Best Stock Performers (2017 YTD):
|Company||Ticker||YTD 2017 Return|
|NATIONAL BEVERAGE CORP||FIZZ||65.48%|
|ALIBABA GROUP HOLDING||BABA||22.80%|
|NEW FLYER INDUSTRIES||NFI||20.18%|
|CANOPY GROWTH CORPORATION||CGC||16.52%|
Robin Speziale is the national bestselling author of Market Masters, which is available at Chapters, Indigo, and Coles as well as Costco and Amazon.ca. He lives in Toronto, Ontario. Learn more about Market Masters.